Blizzard Company announced the release of the reissued version of Starcraft. On its website, developers told us that they "worked with love" on the updated version of the original and Starcraft: Brood War. Now the game is already available for purchase digitally in the company's store.
In addition to graphics, developers have added a number of functions for multiplayer, which, they said, can make the original game even more fun. There are lists of champions, cloud preservation, plus the updated game is compatible with the original.
"We understand how much StarCraft and Brood War mean for the whole community of the game, so our first priority when working on StarCraft: Remastered was to improve what we can by leaving the original untouched," said Mike Morheim, CEO of Blizzard Entertainment. He also added that it does not matter who plays the updated version – a beginner or an already experienced player. Pleasure can get both, and another.
Here is a list of the main changes and additions:
- Full update of the graphic component StarCraft and the extension of StarCraft: Brood War;
- Adding support for modern monitors and TVs, up to 4K;
- Matchmaking and list of champions;
- Individual player profiles with tracking game statistics;
- Cloud preservation, hot buttons, ripple
- Improving the sound of music and sounds;
- Ability to switch between the original version of the game and the version of Remastered with one click.
In Russia, the cost of StarCraft: Remastered is 600 rubles. By the way, in April of this year the company released the first in eight years patch StarCraft: Brood War, which makes the game completely free.
The original game appeared in the spring of 1998.