It is possible that you are an ardent gamer, but the price dynamics for this video card prompts , That it's not just about games:
How much does one such "machine" earn per day, if you use it exclusively for mining? Approximately 25 megawatches per second, or about $ 1.5 per day if you mine the Etherium.
Now in Playkey we rent hundreds of servers, but not from private users, but from hosting providers. Servers with GPU are few, and they are expensive, that's why we take them into leasing. And then we came up with a brilliant idea: why not use the "iron" of users instead of "iron" from greedy hosters? We made simple calculations.
Let's say that in Playkey the maximum cost of an hour of the game is not more than 49 rubles (for the most "expensive" tariff "Training", just for one hour). Even if we imagine that with the introduction of the p2p-model, the prices for the service will be halved ( and it is only for us to use more players for Playkey ), one machine-miner can earn about $ 10 per day (and At far from full loading). Instead of $ 1.5 for 24 hours of ether production.
Decentralized "cloud" Playkey. How does it work?
The general idea is clear: "screw" the existing product P2P-client and block for the simplicity of calculations between the participants of the ecosystem. In such a decentralized system, any owner of a powerful gaming horse (let's call him "miner") will be able to lease his "hardware" for rent, and a gamer with a weak computer can get a remote access to it for a fee. In this case, the player can choose the nearest to himself and the most suitable server by characteristics. It is possible to pay for the game by crypto-currencies under a smart contract.
Playkey wants to create a fundamentally new gaming platform, where anybody can become a provider of computing capacities, from individuals to large data centers and professional miners. This will allow owners of top-end video cards to earn more money than the crypto currency, and gamers to play their favorite games anywhere on any devices connected to the Internet for a small fee. And given the experience and expertise of the Playkey team, we are close to realizing this idea like no other.
P2P-technology Playkey will give users the opportunity to create more and more cloud servers themselves. In this entire history, game developers will be actively involved, providing the novelties directly from the stove.
Moreover, one can immediately imagine a lot of prospects that will turn gaming with Playkey into a whole separate economic sphere. At a minimum: instant betting on eSports, or "gaming dueling", where the participants throw off the tokens in the obshchak, and then fight for them. All these operations can be carried out through a smart contract.
For the service it does not matter if you bought such pumped iron for mining, or exclusively for gaming – it is important that now this resource can be leased to other players.
So, what will the work Playkey look like from the position of the player and the miner:
From the position of the gamer:
After registering on the site, the gamer automatically gets its own RKT-purse, after which:
1. Download client Playkey
2. Replenishes his wallet with special tokens, buying them for real money or crypto currency.
3. Choose a server convenient for you, based on such criteria as: ping, location, reputation of the server and the cost of the game on it.
4. Concludes a smart contract with the miner and enjoys the game
In the future, it is planned to automate the server search process based on the parameters that the gamer himself sets.
From the position of the miner:
1. Miner registers on the site and receives his own PKT-purse
2. Downloads a special server program to a computer that will "lease"
3. After installing the application completely adjusts it to itself
4. The game client Playkey downloads, which sets the price for the use of its server, and then creates a special form of transaction with the contract of "lease."
5. Waiting for the gamer who chooses his server, signs the transaction and receives the token
Why do we believe in p2p-gaming?
The first – after the video, music and other services, the gaming industry also seeks to "clouds". We are implementing the share economy model in gaming: instead of buying a gaming PC (which is idle 90% of the time), you can rent a powerful remote server at the right time. Plus, bought today top PC in a year or two again "will not pull" new items. If you look at Steam statistics, already about 70% of users will not be able to run the same Dishonored 2 on high graphics settings due to lack of video memory. This is an endless race.
Experts predict that the next generation of consoles can be the last, which has an "iron" component.
- Peter Moore (CEO of Electronic Arts): " I doubt that the consoles will look the way we are used to seeing them.The games will be available in the cloud, so that in the powerful hardware simply does not If you and I want to play in Battlefield 2, we'll just jump to the nearest monitor, running the game on the cloud.This is much cheaper and easier than buying a game console. " 
- Yves Guillemoz (CEO of Ubisoft): " … I believe that there will be one more – the last – generation of consoles, after which all will switch to streaming services … "
- Katsuhiro Harada (director and producer Tekken / Bandai Namco): " Playstation 5 will probably only be a controller and a screen, so all we have is the name of the service "
And the opportunities for Tokenization of digital projects such as Playkey open today offer fantastic opportunities for scaling, decentralization and accelerated transition of gaming to the "cloud."
You ask how in the decentralized system the problem with ping is solved? Now this is the main problem of all cloud gaming services. And with P2P the model will have to add more and ping from the miner. Here it is necessary to bear in mind the following:
1. A centralized scheme allows you to install servers in large cities, but the regions remain without points of presence at all. For example, all our users from Russia are now playing on servers located in Moscow. European users play on servers in Frankfurt and London. Because of this, players from Vladivostok also play through Moscow, and the Spaniards – connect to Frankfurt. Cover the servers the whole world – expensive and long. Decentralization solves the problem at once: with the P2P model, the miners will appear immediately in the most diverse regions of the world. And ping will be lower.
2. Let's say the miner had a very bad Internet connection. Even if he is very close to the player, this case will not save. We plan to solve this problem with the help of SLA-standardization (service level agreement). It obliges the miner to "provide" at the entrance to the decent quality of its node, so that the Internet is high-speed, and "hardware" allows to run games at 30-60 fps Standards will be developed by the Playkey Foundation, a managing organization consisting of miners and tokens owners. A smart contract between the miner and the player will automatically control the fulfillment of the conditions of the session.
3. To protect ourselves at launch, we also plan to allocate the direction of "Pro miners" – professional data centers, which together with the miners can guarantee a high level of service.
In the future, Playkey can become a core for building a wider gaming ecosystem, In which users will create, sell and buy all games related services. This will strengthen the position of the entire ecosystem, will provide maximum opportunities for business development service providers and minimum prices for gamers, and, accordingly, increase the attractiveness of tokens.
Financing of the project
In the summer, the Playkey project attracted over $ 2.8 million from Russian funds. But apart from this money, we want to use the ICO (Initial coin offering) facility to start the updated project. For those who have not yet absorbed this theme of the iridescent future: ICO is like Kickstarter, only for startups on the blockbuster:
- Anyone is "invested" in the service, instead of receiving a special currency: Playkey Tokens.
- The ICO is awaiting completion
- Supervises the growth of the company and the prices of tokens
- Itself decides how to dispose of their PKT, at the right time selling and buying them. Or using them as an internal currency for the Playkey itself.
- Gets the maximum benefit as a result
How to take part?
The ICO campaign has already started, the sale of tokens is scheduled for early November, and in order to catch a decent percentage of tokens at a special price, it makes sense to follow the news of the service – tokens on the presale often scatter in the first hours.
Read us here in the blog on Medium, on the site playkey.io, watch our thread on the bitcointalk forum or in social networks Twitter and Facebook. We'll tell you everything.