Telekino # 3 / SurprizingFacts

The previous part of the history of TUT.

Slowly began working on the mechanics of the apparatus for digitizing film. For the frame I bought a quarter of a sheet of 12mm plywood and sawed it with a hand-held electric jigsaw. It did not turn out perfectly, but quite smoothly.
Donors for mechanics are two video players, exchanged for chocolates at a local forum.
Further there are many photos …

The video head

Precision of manufacture pleases the eye, but the hand takes the Bulgarian and mercilessly gets rid of all unnecessary things. As a result, we get a perfect spindle for one of the coils.

We drill the flange and fix it on the screws, quickly and reliably. Inside the spindle are two rather high-quality bearings.
Further we make the drive of the winding machine, the speed is needed small and it was possible to adapt the friction from the same vidic.

But this option was wildly noisy, even silicone grease did not help, and it was necessary to remake

Gears ordered from the Kita (these and these), the quality is good, there are almost no obloids, although it was necessary to combine some with shunts and glue.
The second videogalovka turned out to be a slightly different design and it was not so successful to make the spindle out of it. He took out the axle and bearings from it and put it on the hot melt. This spindle will be for rewind, so the design is simpler. The engines, the passive and the friction from the vidic, though the friction had to be sealed, otherwise it gives a little effort not to rewind.

And then there was one problem, the diameter of the axes of the video head is about 4.5 mm, and under the bobbins with the film you need 6 mm, to the same they are smooth. I tried to drill 0,8 with a carbide drill, one shaft was drilled, and the second turned out to be red-hot and the drill hardly takes it.

Node of exact broach made from this engine, I do not know how it is called correctly, we will call it a tonal.

All the insides of the engine were taken out, the native fastening with three screws, was successfully used. I glued a large gear and put a stepping spool from the set for arduiny.

As planned the broach made by rubber rollers

For The lamp made this house and a film channel made of aluminum strips. One band is fixed, and the second is mobile. In terms of making it spring-loaded and come up with a film channel cover for pressing the film from above. The window is two times larger than the frame so that there are no shadows.
I ordered a 20-watt LED and picked up a matte filter. The experiment with a LED flashlight showed that the film looks terribly scratched without a matte filter, and there are almost no scratches with a matte filter. 19459003

The camera was fixed on a mobile platform, the cutter milled the grooves and through them the screws were screwed in In an overlay of the same size. Screws with a diameter smaller than the grooves and can be moved a couple of mm left and right.

Between the upper springs of the spring, due to which it is possible to change the slope and height of the camera within + -5 mm. The experiment showed that the adjustment can be done very accurately, although the upper screws can be taken with a smaller step, but the others without threads in the upper part, so that they do not sit tightly in the store.

Like this, I did the photo before I pasted the second spindle.

On this, while everything, mechanics is almost finished, could not resist, tucked in the film and made the first frame.

Honestly not impressed, but there's nothing to compare, I hope the video looks better.